Many Christians have John 3:16 as their favorite verse. It is an important verse, to be sure. I wonder if so many pick that because they simply don’t know any others. I’m probably just being skeptical.
Whatever the case, there are other great “3:16″ verses, besides the one in John’s gospel, in the New Testament:
- Luke 3:16 – I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
- Acts 3:16 – And his name–by faith in his name–has made this man strong whom you see and know, and the faith that is through Jesus has given the man this perfect health in the presence of you all.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?
- Galatians 3:16 – Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.”
- Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 – Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
- 2 Peter 3:16(b) – There are some things in them [that is, Paul's letters] that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do with the other Scriptures.
- 1 John 3:16 – By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
- Revelation 3:16 – So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.