The seed of acceptable devotion must come from heaven’s storehouse. Only the prayer which comes from God can go to God.
Spurgeon’s five aspects of praying in the Spirit:
- Fervency: “Those who do not plead with fervency, plead not at all.”
- Perseveringly: “The longer the gate is closed, the more vehemently does he uses the knocker.”
- Humbly: “Out of hte depths must we cry, or we shall never behold glory in the highest.”
- Loving: “Prayer should be perfumed with love, saturated with love — love to saints, and love to Christ.”
- Faith: “A man prevails only as he believes.”
Most blessed Comforter, exert Thy mighty power within us, helping our infirmities in prayer!
Read the whole thing here.
* * *